Welcome and Introduction
The Essentials of Honorable Leadership | Parts 1-2-3
Instructor: Mark Emery
If all learned skills must begin with the fundamentals, what are the fundamentals of leadership? This program will provide essential fundamentals for establishing a legacy of genuine Honorable Leadership. The Essentials of Honorable Leadership will provide a template of internal leadership attributes and characteristics that will enable the external manifestation of an Honorable Leader.
During this workshop will discover essentials for crafting Honorable Leadership in your life and in your fire station. Using a compelling presentation and leadership worksheets you will:
1. Discover how Trust can become the most valuable asset in your life and in your fire station.
2. Recognize why it is important to differentiate leadership from supervision and management.
4. Identify key distinctions between Intrinsic Leadership and the Extrinsic Leader.
5. Discover the seven elements of Attitude that will serve as the foundation for developing personal and professional leadership.
6. Identify the six components of Character that are essential for developing Honorable Leadership.
7. Understand how role and responsibility Preparation is essential for establishing a legacy of
8. Appreciate how the combination of Attitude, Character, Preparation, and Moral Courage will enable you to achieve and maintain genuine 'command presence’ (poise and confidence).
9. Realize that skill — Rock-Solid Fundamentals — will serve as the heart of your Honorable Leadership.
11. Using the Honorable Leadership Template to achieve and sustain Honorable Success in your life and in your career.
After 40-years of service, Mark Emery recently retired as the Fire Chief at East Valley Fire Department in Yakima County, WA. Mark self-published the ITAC Strategic Development manual, and has published numerous articles for Firehouse magazine, FireRescue magazine, and for the FDSOA Health and Safety Newsletter. Mark is co-developer of the Integrated Tactical Accountability System (ITAC), and creator of the popular ITAC Command Competency Clinic. Chief Emery was selected as the 2015 George D. Post Instructor of the Year at FDIC, and serves as the Region 10 Director of the National Fire Academy Alumni Association.